Monday, April 9, 2012

FTA EVENT: (follow up) 04.6-7.12 Richmond Back 2 Back

FRIDAY NIGHT: 
-----------------------  
Turnstyle on the Art Walk

5 hrs in traffic started the evening off to a stressful start. But after a warm greetings from Jessie and Joanna O. at Turnstyle all that stress was forgotten. Joanna kicked the Art Walk with a great selection of Drum & Bass. Soothing the soul and eroding the last lingering tid bit of the week now fading off in to the distance.


Photo Source: Vanessa Hernandez



The best part about the DJing the Art Walk is seeing the community enjoying what your doing. Little kids, old people, and our own community for Jungle heads that come out.  Patrick Currier, Vanessa, Anthony Lynn, Christina Leslie, Buck Stone Helmke, Chris Grow, Indica Jo & Konztant Junglist  thank you all for coming out and supporting the sound it means a lot to me. Especially those driving out from Williamsburg.

The set itself was pretty solid I would say. Ragga Jungle representing in the street is always fun.


Photo Source: Patrick Currier
 --

SATURDAY NIGHT: 
---------------------------
G40 Art Summit  CANCELED


So what the hell happened? Simply crossed signals about when I was playing music. Humorously I saw and heard the guy who filled in for me on Friday night and thought he was really good DJ. BA HA.

Life lesson learned from this event. Even if your doing a show for charity / free put out a contract. This confirms in not uncertain terms what is expected of you and what your client is to provide. Now all I can do is attempt to mitigate the damage the best I can between Art Whino / G40 and myself. Oh well every action in life is a lesson.

All in all it was an amazing weekend. Big ups to Turnstyle for having me out & treating me like family. Much love. You all gave me a lot to think about in relation to the scene, how a business is run, and ideas about my next set of T-Shirt designs. Thank you.

To all those in the Richmond check out the G40 its amazing!!! I only made it through 3 of the galleries and I was totally blown away. Just going makes inspiration contagious.

Keep Smiling
The Librarian


No comments: